Setting Up A Wells Fargo Online Account
An American multinational financial services and banking holding company, Wells Fargo & Company has its headquarters in San Francisco, California and “hubquarters” through the U.S. In terms of assets, it is the fourth largest bank in the U.S. and based on market capitalization, the largest bank. In terms of deposits, debit cards, and home mortgage servicing, it is the second largest bank. Wells Fargo in the U.S. is the twenty-third largest company in 2011.
It was the sole bank in the U.S. in 2007 to be given the rating of AAA by S&P, but its rating has been lowered to AA- given the financial crisis in 2007 to 2008. The national bank, Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. is the firm’s main U.S. operating subsidiary with its main office in Sioux Falls in South Dakota.
Hence, if you already have your own Wells Fargo account, all you would need is a desktop, a laptop, or a mobile device with a safe, stable, and reliable Internet connection. You are also required to have a web browser program, such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Safari (for your mobile device). Of course, you must also have your Wells Fargo sign on details ready for inputting online.
One of the advantages of getting a Wells Fargo online sign in is that it can be opened in all web browser programs. Once you have your Wells Fargo online banking account, you can use this online account to transfer funds, pay bills, shop, check and monitor your balance, and the like.
Found subsequently are the procedures and pictures to assist you in getting your own Wells Fargo online account.
• Go to your web browser and go to the Wells Fargo home page at www.wellsfargo.com. Click on the “Sign Up Now” link on the left side of the webpage.
• It is not automatic that the homepage will look like as it does in the first picture. Nevertheless, you should just look for the “Sign Up Now” hyperlink on the webpage and click on it. You can also go straight to https://online.wellsfargo.com/das/channel/enrollDisplay?LOB=CONS&OFFERCODE=WEB& so you do not need to go to the Wells Fargo main homepage.
• You should always keep in mind that there may be occurrences where you may see another person’s Wells Fargo online sign in page and not the previous webpage as in the picture on top. In these cases, sign out first. Afterwards, refresh the webpage. If it so happens that the webpage still does not appear on screen, you should just remove the cache, cookies, and/or passwords from your web browser program. If you still cannot find the webpage with its corresponding hyperlinks, close your web browser program and open the Wells Fargo webpage in a new web browser.
• Once it has finished loading, you will find the picture below. Fill in your Social Security Number (SSN), your Account, Loan or ATM/Debit Card Number, your Email Address, your Email Address again, and click on the blue “Continue” button.
• A couple of notes on all of the first two fields that are required. For the SSN, you can also enter your individual tax identification number or ITIN. However, if you do not have an SSN or an ITIN, just tick the box next to “I do not have an SSN.”
• With regards to the Account, Loan or ATM/Debit Card Number, note that to view all of your eligible Wells Fargo accounts online, you are required only to enter one of your Wells Fargo account numbers or the number on your ATM or debit card (not your Personal Identification Number of PIN). If you have a brokerage account, enter a W in front of your account number; if you have a credit cards, enter the account number on your credit card and credit card statement; if you have a trust and managed investment services account, enter the full number as it is on your statement, with any letters, numbers, and hyphens; if you have an employer-sponsored accounts, double check that you do not have an account or ATM or debit card number box and plug in your date of birth; if you have a mortgage accounts, enter the loan number that is on the upper right hand side of your monthly mortgage statement; if you have a health savings account, enter the 10-digit account number as it is on your account statement or the number, which is 16 in number, that is on your Wells Fargo Visa HSA Debit Card; if you have an online payroll accounts but do not have an account number or ATM/debit card number, call 1-800-956-4442 for help; and if you have a personal insurance policies and safe deposit box, enter one of your other eligible accounts as described above or just call customer service to get help.
• Once you have entered all of these fields, congratulations! You can now go to www.wellsfargo.com online banking login.